Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK (North West preferred).
- Hybrid working arrangement (in office and WFH).
Ready to help build a team from ground up? NetEase Games, one of the world’s largest video game developers, is expanding up its branch in Europe with a new Independent Studio. With an exciting and expansive growth plan for all functions, we’re looking for an extremely motivated individual who we can count on to be part of our growing team and help support our goal of creating the future of digital media and entertainment.
The role requires a knowledgeable Finance Manager to help build the financial infrastructure and systems, initiate financial planning and execution, and maintain and run the new systems for the independent studio. This person will become a key partner to the studio management team on strategic finance and accounting. In this role, you will lead the execution of a variety of financial planning, analysis, forecasting, budget management and accounting activities. Additionally, you will provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making. In the longer term as the studio grows, this Financial Manager will oversee the financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants.
· Manage the preparation, analysis, and reporting of production budgets to studio management.
· Lead the presentation of production budgets and forecasts to the executive team highlighting key insights and help lead the strategic planning process.
· Partner with studio management on internal and external production budgets to facilitate management and early warning of cost over runs and release delays.
· Responsible for the monthly close process by producing monthly management reports for the studio management.
· Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
· Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
· Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
· Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company.
· Research and analyse financial reports and market trends.
· Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
· Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
· Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
· Liaising with external advisors to prepare Company Tax and VAT/Indirect tax returns.
· Working with internal and external auditors.
· Compliance with internal and external accounting and tax legislation.
· A positive and ambitious person always keen to take on new challenges.
· Ability to thrive in dynamic work environments; agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Highest level of integrity with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Self-motivated and adaptable with strong problem-solving skills.
· An eagerness to learn new software and develop skill sets.
· Degree in accounting, business, finance or a related field
· 3+ years’ experience in a finance role with exposure in the following areas:
o Project costing, P&L and cash flow forecasting, monthly close and reconciliation, statutory audits, and Tax (eg. VAT, Corporate Tax and Production Tax credits).
· Prior experience in scaling businesses will be highly advantageous.
· Self starter and motivated to drive businesses from scratch.
· Experience in a similar role within the videogames industry.
· An interest in video games, tech, films and TV.
· Experience with working alongside US based entities.
· Desire to be part of building an amazing product that will redefine entertainment.