NetEase, one of the largest publishers in gaming, is searching for talented developers for an ambitious console project. Conceived as a cinematic single-player experience that combines emotional storytelling, innovative design, and bleeding-edge technology, we are reimagining a beloved eastern IP for a global audience. Our goal is to deliver an enduring AAA experience that carries the spirit of the games that inspired our lives by redefining the potential of what interactive entertainment can be. Working as a core team of ex-pats split between the Montreal and Shanghai studios, we challenge ourselves to think differently about building games. Combining the best of western and eastern development, we are looking for passionate developers to push their craft in a safe and inclusive environment that allows magic to happen. Will you join us? Reporting to the Realization director, the lighting supervisor is a visual storyteller who delivers a best-in-class lighting charter to support cinematics, art direction, and gameplay. From mood development to final picture, they ensure that best practices and production workflows are implemented and are responsible for driving R&D on new technology and trends to improve the project's lighting quality and efficiency. Proficient In planning, they can foresee the Impact of their requests on team members and adjacent disciplines (programming and technical art) and have a solid ability to communicate and see through their expectations. The ideal candidate has held a Lead/supervisor role on at least one title and can combine content creation, filmmaking techniques, collaboration, and communication to craft immersive and engaging player experiences.
We're looking for
- A professional with a minimum of 6 years of AAA or film experience in a lighting-related position. At least one project shipped in a Lead role is desirable.
- The candidate has hands-on experience with an array of solutions including generating light maps, pre-lighting, baked lighting as well as real-time lighting.
- Flawless understanding of direct/Indirect light, luminance/exposure, and color theory.
- General competency In Unreal and deep knowledge of GI.
- A technical lighting background is a plus. The ability to Interface with tech to drive R&D Is a must.
- Experience with outsourcing scaling is a plus.
- A team player with excellent communication, spirit, and autonomy capable of leading a team to deliver world-class work.
- A trouble-shooter who understands the technical constraints of development and works with other disciplines to overcome them.
- A builder who can effectively hire and develop a team based on the project goals.
- A gamer who has good knowledge of the video game Industry.
- An English speaker with business level fluency If this sounds like you, submit a resume, and let's start a conversation.