● Collaborate directly with designers and engineers on in-game prototype art.
● Deconstructing concept art and style guides into initial grey blocks and asset breakdowns.
● Create real-time Visual Targets as production standards.
● Solve production challenges with creative solutions.
● Ability to design and document production workflows.
● Evaluate scope estimates to ensure deliverables are in line with project schedules.
● Encourage good working practices for the team(s) and colleagues to work together collaboratively.
● 5+ years of production experience as a Lead Artist, with 5+ shipped AAA titles.
● Strong understanding of game development from start to ship, and onwards.
● Experience with preproduction and creating visual targets for production use.
● Knowledge and experience with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity).
● Experience in optimizing games for performance and memory.
● Experience with version control software and the ability to troubleshoot technical challenges as they arise.
● Experience in 3D/2D software (e.g. Blender, 3ds Max, Substance Suite, Houdini, Adobe Suite, etc.)
● Strong understanding of PBR materials and workflows.
● Strong understanding of hard surface/architecture/organic/vegetation asset creation.
● An advanced understanding of in-game cinematic art asset creation Pluses:
● Basic understanding of shader development.
● Knowledge of branding and marketing.
● Experience working with external outsource vendors with time-zone differences.
● Photogrammetry experience.
● Fine art background.