Be a driving force in the Art Department to create immersive game environments and a cast of iconic characters in a variety of genres and styles. Candidate may work on co-dev project(s) which require close collaboration with other excellent studios.
• Sketch your original ideas and solve every sort of visual challenge while respecting the projects style-guide and the restrictions of the medium
• Polish your work to the highest possible quality for 3D production
• Seek feedback proactively and share your experience and knowledge freely
• Create characters and environments alike, it’s ok to have a preference
• Communicate frequently with the Art Team in Shanghai and our partners in global
• At least 2-3 AAA games experience
• Multiple games shipped and experience of the Concept Artist’s role in several production stages is greatly appreciated
• Production sense. Capability of thinking with whole picture. Knowledge of other disciplines is a plus.
• Excellent draftsmanship to showcase ideas without effort
• Strong fundamentals of anatomy, character design, perspective, composition and the lighting of materials and form
• Curiosity for multiple genres from Military, Sci-Fi, Urban, Medieval to Fantasy
• Ability to think 3D and knowledge of how your work translates into the game
• Experience with 3D software is a plus, blender preferred
• Value working with specific styles, including a style set by another artist or Art Director, and mentor other concept artists to strengthen our new team
• Leadership is a plus. Be a true team player and help others succeed.
• Know your Digital Drawing Software inside out and how to work in collaboration with other artists
• Professional level of organization, self-motivation and strong ownership
• Ability to interpret and convey ideas concisely and efficiently